Sunday, November 18, 2007

On to the NAIA Volleyball National Championships

Hello to all who wander thru my blog !!

It has been a marvelous weekend .... I was selected to officiate at one of the NAIA Women's Regional Volleyball Championships this weekend.

There are 14 Regions across the country ~ Each Regional Champion earns the right to go on to the NAIA National Championships.

It was a wonderful competition ~ The player's all played just as they should as "Champions of Character" (The Motto of NAIA Athletics).

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

There was a team that just would not quit, no matter how far down they got in a match, they never gave up ..... They were the #5 seed in the tournament, out of 6 teams.

In the first round, the upset the #3 seeded team to advance to the Semi-Final match .... in the Semi-Final match they faced the #1 seeded team in the Tournament (the favorite to advance to the National Tournament) they were down 2 games to 0 ..... (they play best 3 out of 5) .... they did not quit, the came back to win games 3, 4 & 5 to win the match !

Then on to the Finals !! ~ They met the #2 seeded team for the Final Championship Match and the chance to go to the Nationals !! Both teams played with heart and determination ... In the end .... the #5 seed team won ..... they are on their way to Nationals!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It was wonderful to be a part of it all .... I am so fortunate, I love with a great passion what I do .... and I am privileged to have the opportunity to see these young student athletes compete.

I LOVE LIFE !! LIFE IS GOOD !!

I hope ya'll had a wonderful Saturday too and My wish for you is a beautiful Sunday !!

REMEMBER TO SMILE !

Kimberley (aka WonderWomanKim)

No comments: